Monday, July 16, 2007

New hobby begins...

To keep myself occupied after the working hours, normally I would go to the gym to do some exercises to regain my stamina and simply to keep fit. But, I’m not that type of body builder. I’m still far away from having muscles like that. Initially, I did some running on the treadmill. After 10 minutes of running, “Hampeh, I haven’t got that bionic legs yet”. Then, I tried some spinning, “Hmm, this is not bad at all. But, there’s no wind blowing to the face, not so fun”. And sometimes I would dip myself in the pool and do some own-style swimming while struggling to keep breathing. That’s basically my routine at the gym, 30-45 minutes per day – simple.

At the same time, I’ve been reading my ex-schoolmate’s blog for quite some time. She’s doing triathlon now back at home country. She started by running, then she bought herself a road bike, entered some duathlon events in running-cycling-running stuffs, joined long distance cycling events, and now she’s training hard with her swimming and soon I guess she will participate in a triathlon.

I am impressed with her strong spirit, in spite of being a full-time-working-mother-of-three; she still manages to find time to train hard, and challenged herself in the tough competitions. Furthermore, she started from ground zero. Reading her blogs and her friends’, I feel inspired to do the same thing. I haven’t done anything like that before. I never did any endurance sports. At school, I used to play volleyballs, tennis, hockey or ping-pong, those fast paced sports where you need an opponent to compete with. And since I am here alone (literally), I might try doing the run-bike-swim stuff as well. Let’s see how far I can go.

Why not, right?

2 comments:

bola2api said...

woits.. it's swim-bike-run lah.. hahaha.. jangan terbalik kot pulak :P

u'r doing fine... keep it up

EnAikAY said...

bola2api, aku tak terer berenang lagi la. aku list benda alah tu ikut terrorism aku. nanti bila aku dah jadi terrorist sikit, maybe the list will be bike-swim-run, or bike-run-swim, or maybe bike-run-sleep.. hahaha