Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My run route in JB (for now)

"Eish Nik, the road is dusty la. No good you know."

"Nik, dangerous lae running here. Banyak lori, banyak kereta. Run somewhere else laa better."

Those are the common comments I heard from my colleagues at work who noticed me running in the evening outside the office. I used to run from the front gate of my office here at Taman Teknologi Johor, towards the main road (Jalan Skudai), and u-turn back to the office. A distance close to 5km for one loop.

At first, I did not bother so much about their comments for only one reason - after running in the evening, I would continue working until late night. So, the best (and economical) place to do a frequent 5km run (and then continue working macam orang kurang siuman) would be at the route mentioned above.

At one point, I totally stopped running. Due to massive work load, I guess.

About three weeks ago, I started to run again and this time, at a new running route. Known to the JB tri-group here as the "Istana Garden", you can cover around 2km or 2.5km for every one loop you run - depending on which loop you choose. Here is my normal run route, doing 3 loops of 2.25km/loop within 45minutes. Nothing impressive (yet).

There are also a 5km and 10km and 18km routes outside of this garden. These are the favorites routes for those who are training for Ironman.

I'm pretty happy to be running here, except for one thing which is I need to drive about 20 minutes from my office (or house) to get to this beautiful place. You can even see the Selat Tebrau and the main island of Singapore while running at this Istana Garden.

And yeah, if anyone would wonder, the Istana Besar Abu Bakar was where Mawi and Ekin get married few weeks ago (not that I was invited!).

I'll be running around this area as much as time (and mood, and energy, and err.. apa lagi ek?) permits me to run.

Ermm, can anyone tell me what 'endorphin effect' really means? Hehe...

11 comments:

deejay said...

Bro. Kalau nak ngam lagi. Lari sampai rumah aku. Sure best punya...

deejay said...

Bro. Kalau nak ngam lagi. Lari sampai rumah aku. Sure best punya...

EnAikAY said...

Bro, kalau kau nak bagi motivation aku pun, bagi la idea yg best2 sikit. Jangankan nak berlari, kalau dayung sampan pun belum tentu boleh sampai rumah kau tau... hahaha

deejay said...

kalau bole sampai rumah aku, ko memang bole masuk superman.. hehe not ironman..

Anonymous said...

Hish..nak best lagik...sila la berlari terus ke The Curve Damansara..buleh balik rehat kat umah terus bila penat... kui3x..

EnAikAY said...

DJ,
Tak nak aah aku jadi superman. Malu la wei pakai spender kat luar. Dah la spender kaler merah.. ish.. sungguh kurang sopan.

Shah,
Ni lagi sorang pembakar semangat yang terbakar-bakar. Kau nak belanja aku apa2 ke kalau aku lari sampai The Curve? Paling koman pun, aku nak kau belanja aku Toyota Estima sebijik.. Sebijik pun cukup lah.

deejay said...

wei... x abis naks belanjerr kereta aje...teringin ke nk yg baru? hehehe

bola2api said...

sapa la yg bijak nak belanja kau Estima tuh hahahha

baik je suruh dia belanja aku cervelo lagi sebijik, dgn set dura ace.. PERGH i tell u

Anonymous said...

Estima..??? Apa la taste keter mcm owang tua... hik hik hik... aku kasik hadiah kat ko prototype futuristic cars yg students aku buat nak? Keter jugak kannnnnn tuu... tihihihiihi...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Huk aloh..kuar sampai 3 kali! Ampunkan patik, tuanku!