Thursday, February 11, 2010

Recovery Konon

It was a hard swim because I still have a little bit of stiff neck pain and mainly due to the fact that my last swim was, ermm.. I’ve forgotten when it was. So, my very first 50m swim yesterday evening already saw me struggling in the pool. I rested for few seconds by the pool wall, and continued to the other side of the wall. Rested another few seconds, and proceeded with another few more 100m laps swim. Quick rest by the pool wall was done after every 100m.

I lost count of how many laps I totally swam yesterday, but it was definitely my worst in the current state of affairs as far as training for triathlon is concerned. Shoulder muscles were screaming, triceps too. After about 50 minutes struggling to glide forward in the pool, I packed up my stuff.

After a light dinner of roti canai telur, I went to the normal Wednesday night weekly cycling venue, 45 minutes earlier than the promised meeting time. Slipped on my running shoes and off I went plodding the tarmac under the dim of the street lights. For what supposed to be a recovery run, I covered the 6km distance in 31minutes. A minute slower than my best time on this route, so far.

As I reached my car, few cycling buddies were already waiting. I quickly prepped up my bike, put on the helmet and cycling shoes, and began another journey on the bike. This time, it was only for 24km as I felt like nothing much left in my tank. Cycling is a region that needs a lot of attention from me from now onwards. My cycling muscles have long gone.

There you go. What supposed to be a recovery session, turned out into something else instead. I was lying down on my back on the tarmac after completing the cycling and the view of the stars in the dark sky was amazing. That was all because I discovered some great Ironman triathlon motivation videos over the internet and I get so much inspired over it.

Perhaps, I should learn to calm down a little bit when I'm stressed.

7 comments:

kookykash said...

wei…buat mini tri sendiri?

Diket said...

That was totally not recovery. Shall I say...inspired? Anyway, it felt cool kan? =)

EnAikAY said...

Kash,
Tak sengaja...

Shakhir,
I think u r right. Inspired.
Training malam2 mmg cooling. Hehe.

ian yusof said...

what are you training for again? :)

EnAikAY said...

Errr... I'm training for a carboloading race?? :)

ziff71 said...

Your so called recovery is a hardcore to me :)

EnAikAY said...

Ziff,
I'm still nowhere near hardcore lah.
Sekadar suka2 aje.