Thursday, August 6, 2009

Media

During the recent Desaru LD triathlon, I was quite surprised that some coverage was done by our local TV stations. I may not realized it during previous events which I took part, but during Desaru, yes I saw some cameramen and even the media's company car at event location.

In fact, during the prime time's news on last Saturday night, while we were having dinner there, we were all excited to see the long distance triathlon event we took part was being aired on the news. Of course my dull facial expression during the race won't attract the cameraman to shoot me in action at the first place (bukan tembak mati la, "shoot" ambik gambar/video laa)).

Almost immediately, I received one or two sms-es from some friends asking me the normal questions friends would ask, "Nik, what number you got?"

OK, nevermind about that. I've written about it in previous post.

And then, when I was at home in JB on Sunday night, having my nasi-goreng-pasar-malam as dinner, once again the mainstream media showcased the event on the news. This time it was for the sprint distance triathlon which took place earlier that morning.

Wah, it was my time to brag a little bit about the event I took part to my housemates. Showed them some photos I took from my camera, blablabla this, and blablabla that.

But then, I noticed something was wrong. I thought I heard something wrong, or the newscaster may be saying some other things. Not wanting to lose the opportunity, I quickly grabbed my camera and with a shaky hand, took this snapshot on the TV screen.

Oh gosh, I can't even aim my camera at the centre of the TV screen. Blurgghh, what a waste.

Woops, hang on. Did I see something different?

Did you see it?

Since when people who do triathlon is called a T-R-I-A-L-I-T???

Recalling back what the newscaster had said, yup, she said it as "trialit".

No wonder I thought I heard something was mentioned wrongly.

Now I don't know whether to laugh or to cry.

Since men should not easily shed tears, I got no other option left then, do I?

"HAHAHAHAHA... HAHAHAHAHAHA...
HAHAHAHAAH... HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

7 comments:

zulhassan said...

alaa rm500 je kira taklah mahal sangat dengan quality penganjuran tu.

Masih cuba meracun tikus heheheh....

EnAikAY said...

"Polis.. tolong polis.... tolong.. ada orang sembur racun tikus merata-rata ni.. toloooonnggg...!!!!"

iamsyah said...

heheheh

TriStupe said...

:D trialit.

EnAikAY said...

Yup Stupe, i can't believe my ears and eyes when i was watching the news.. luckily my camera was just besides me.
Thanks for dropping by.

plee said...

Haha!
I still remember our local newscaster at the Sydney Olympics 2000 refer to the pole vault event as acara larian bergalah!

EnAikAY said...

Paul,
Maybe the newscaster just had 'udang galah' before he/she read the news... hehe