Monday, August 17, 2009

Climb it up!

Once upon a time back in September 2005, I was walking with my dear wife at UPM’s convocation fiesta when we came across a wall climbing set. Never did I climb any walls. And with a small fee of RM2.00 (if I’m not mistaken), I get the chance to climb up this wall. They gave me two tries, at which I succeeded to reach the top on the first try, but did not even make it halfway up on my second try as my arms were already ‘pumped’ (wall climbers should know this lingo).

The wall

“If the kids can do it, so can I!”

With zero experience, zero training, zero knowledge, and without proper equipments (no safety helmet, no shoes – highly not recommended), I began the climb… for the sake of fun, and for the sake of getting the experience.

”Yeay, I did it!”

VICTORY!!! Cewah poyo.

Enjoying my way down.

Touch down. Glad to be back on earth.

On my second attempt. Climbing on the right side. Gaya macam Spiderman sembelit pun ada jugak ni

After the failure to conquer the top on my second try, I could still smile. Arm muscles were so stiffed (a.k.a. “pumped”).

It was a joyful fun. I just love outdoor activities.

Only after the climb that I know we should use more leg muscles during the climb, rather than the arms’.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hemmm.... kagumnya masih ader gambar ni. Yeah... still remember that nite..lethargy... kuang3x

EnAikAY said...

Nasib baik tangan tak putus...

ian yusof said...

we have the similar love story, except mine came equipped with proper climbing shoes and helmet ... :). Took Lil (at that time gf jer) to climbing gym. Then, took her to Batu Caves to climb, only to witness a girl 'free-falling' (darn her belayer)and injured her head. Lil quitted soon after.

EnAikAY said...

Ouchh!!! Itu pengalaman ngeri tu.
That's why it's important to keep SAFETY in minds in whatever we do.

Pokok kelapa climbing u pernah try?