Friday, July 3, 2009

Not gonna do PD triathlon

Yup, you heard me right.

I’m so not going to do PD triathlon this year....

Not as how I did it for the first time last year.

What I meant by that is, I’ll be doing PD triathlon this year with lesser preparation as how I did during last year.

Sounded better, right?

Immediately after Kenyir triathlon in April, most of the training effort and focus was to prepare myself for my first attempt of marathon, hence run after run after run.

I’ve neglected swimming and cycling pretty tremendously. During last Wednesday’s weekly night ride, I was glad I could still remember how to unclip my shoes off the bike. And if I am targeting for better timing than last year’s, in the next coming week my effort should be to focus more on cycling.

Not that I am already good at swimming. My 1.5km swimming time in the pool is still quite embarrassing to be mentioned here.

Ok, to look at things rationally, not including today (Friday), I have about 8 days left before race day. Something that may look like this:

Saturday – Maybe will do some running nearby my house in the morning. I’m going back to PJ this weekend.

Sunday – A full day of family time. I’m just an average Nik (I don’t like using Joe’s name) who has a family, a work, and a tiny bit of interest in triathlon. So, a good balancing act is a must.

Monday – Combo swim and bike. If it’s not raining here in JB.

Tuesday – Combo swim and bike, again, if it’s not raining.

Wednesday – Combo bike and run and nan cheese tandoori, if it’s not raining. Err, the nan cheese tandoori thingy can still be done even if it is raining though.

Thursday – Don’t know what else to combo. Maybe bike only, if it’s not raining.

Friday – Not sure yet. Maybe no training at all.

Saturday – Might already be travelling to PD for the race on Sunday.

See, that’s how the next 8 days will be spent, IF IT IS NOT RAINING HERE IN JB.

I guess the raining season has started here in JB. Not sure about other places though. Last two or three months we had been complaining about the extra heat. So now we should be grateful that the heat has reduced a lot with this rain. And I’m so grateful for that.

Therefore, if it rains in the evening for everyday of next week, I’m sure I won’t be doing PD triathlon this year as how I did it last year (better preparation).

But, I will still be standing at the starting line, insyaAllah.

5 comments:

kookykash said...

alamak, suspens je!

EnAikAY said...

Kash,
No suspens, no drama.. hik hik hik.

Diket said...

Nik, should i've found your blog earlier, I've would have asked you about running route in JB. Aku balik kampung before marathon tapi tak tau nak train kat mana. Eventually ran at istana. Nice place. Btw, gd luck on PD.

EnAikAY said...

Deket,
Now that you've found me, gimme a hauler if u balik kampung kat JB lagi.
Istana garden is the place where i normally run. Nice place indeed.
There was once i ran alongside the Pantai Lido.. awesome! Angin sepoi2 bahasa...

Diket said...

Sure bro. Thanks. And good luck.