Thursday, November 12, 2009

Spring In The Leg

This whole week I’ve been out to train every evening in my effort to get back to train much more seriously as compared to the previous couple of months. I ran in three evenings, and cycled yesterday night. Not wanting to put additional running pressure to my running muscles, I skipped the planned run today and I as a substitute, I skipped.

Yeah, I skipped. You know, using the skipping rope as we Malaysians know it.

But the standard jargon for it is, rope jumping.

I totally cannot remember when was the last time I did rope jumping. Must have been more than 3 or 4 years ago. I was surprised I still can do rope jumping, not only the forward rope jump, but I also did the double rope jump (double spin of the rope with one jump), cross-over jump, and also the reverse rope jump.

It was fun and after 45 minutes of leg springing actions, I was as drenched out as if I’ve just ran 5km or more. What a good way to sweat out and laugh at my own self.

Equipped with my digital camera, a small tripod and a jumping rope I borrowed from my colleague, I enjoyed my evening outside my office making my first self-documentary.

The title of my first little movie is called,

EnAikAY Went Skipping.

Hope you enjoy it.
(Promise me you won’t laugh ok!).

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

fuhh...sexy !!! keep on jump jump jumpin'!!! :P nice 1 Nik !! keep it comin'!

ian yusof said...

hehehheh ... you're funny. You skipped very well. Care to teach me one fine day? :)

Anonymous said...

That's great! I read 1hr of rope-jumping can burn up to 1000 cals.

I tried skipping and the next day noticed cracks in my walls. But it's great for rainy days.

Gerb said...

Wah..i skipped like a kid just learn how to skip. *grin

EnAikAY said...

Julie,
Yeah, the ROPE is sexy..
Me is SEKSA!!!!
Thanks.

Ian,
Thank you.
Of course i'll be glad to share my knowledge with you all. It's fun.

Haza,
Wow.. 1000 calories per hour? Kurus la i lepas ni... hehe.
Alaa Haza, u r just being too humble. The cracks on the wall were caused by the weights of the running medals that u hang at the wall maaaa...

Gerbera,
What a rhyme! hehe.

jiha-run-for-life said...

sorry nik, i laugh already..hahahahahah

but u skipped well there..

EnAikAY said...

Jiha,
Yeah, i know laughing is your hobby. Hehehe.
Thank u.
How's ur knee?

Diket said...

Bro, so sorry I can't promise u I wont laugh but the vid did shatter my sleepy head in the office :)

Vidz boleh hantar kat RTM untuk rancangan senaman.

EnAikAY said...

Shakhir,
Perhaps the vids can enter some kind of jokes competition rather than being used on an excercise program? Ehehehe.

Yes yes, laugh is a good natural medicine against sleepy heads. ;)

Julin Julai said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julin Julai said...

Haha(laughed..sorry) but it's like the video that wouldn't end..hehe
Lookin' good, though.

EnAikAY said...

Doc Julin,
The actual footage video taken was much longer than that, but i have to limit (edit) it to suit the length of the song.
Thanks.

P/s: Saya budak baru belajar...

Cubicle Neighbour said...

gelak dulu muahahahaha...

how bout making this as our routine? 2 days a week? or everyday oso can...hehehe. I'll bring the rope everyday:)

bile la leh buat laju2 ni like you...

gelak lagi sekali muahahaha...

EnAikAY said...

Yo neighbour,
Oo.. gelak kuat ye!
OK, we can treat this as our run warm up or cool down session.
Run mesti kena run jugak, baru mantap bro!

tolldoll said...

Yay... skipping rope was a huge part of my fitness routine since high school days - it was a tad easier than running in terms on accessibility and convenience - you could do it in a small cramped room when it's raining heavily outside, plus it gives you great set of calves too!

iamsyah said...

power... mebbe I should give my well-rested rope to you lah

EnAikAY said...

Nadia,
Yup, agree. Rope jumping is good for a running substitute when the weather outside doesn't permit.

Syah,
Thank you daun keladi,
Kalau ada apa2 lagi nak bagi.. bagi je.. ahahaha.