This Sunday morning is going to be another shoot n’ run event for me, at the Salomon X-trail run at Kiara park.
No, no. I don’t shoot with a gun. I shoot with a digital camera. And I really hope the weather will be on my side.
So, after a long break from participating in any events since Desaru Long Distance triathlon (Genting Trailblazer not included, as I pirated it), it’s now time for me to get back into a race mode.
Time is not on my side this whole week, so this one is going to be summarized. Let’s see how much I’ve prepared for Salomon X-trail run (in random order):
1) Ran up and down stadium stairs for 5 sessions. Three times last week, twice this week. I’ve lost count of the number of steps I made. All the sessions were tough, for me at least. I was out of breath, many times.
2) Did two LSD runs. One 16km Kiara-Hartamas-Kiara with three other runners last two weeks, and another solo run of 14km (or so) by Beserah-Pantai Balok beaches in Kuantan during Raya Haji holiday.
3) The Kiara X-trail run which I did with 9 more runners as reported here, can be considered as a “rehearsal” for Salomon run, though we didn’t run the actual course.
4) Bought 10 sachets of ORS to be consumed starting from tonight until race morning. And one sachet of Powerbar gel for energy booster during the race. I still need to grab few bottles of Gatorade for my hydration fuel belt.
5) Two pairs of fully charged battery for the camera are ready. I’ve also emptied the SD memory card. The gun is loaded and ready to shoot.
6) I still need to trim my toe nails. Don’t want to suffer during the downhills.
7) Running attires and trail shoes and gloves are already in the bags. Clean and fresh, ready for another muddy adventure.
8) OK, I guess I’m ready for another FUN time at Kiara trail.
To those who are also participating, ayuh kita kasi gegar sama itu Salomon X-trail!!!